Wednesday, October 21, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

1. My Dad RETIRED
It's official - my dad has retired! It was 34 years ago when he graduated from West Virgina University and accepted an engineering position with Conoco. It's amazing to think how this job has shaped not only my dad but the entire family. As he and my mother began their family, he worked 28 and 28 (I can't imagine that with three kids, yikes mom!).  It moved us eleven different times and across four continents. It allowed us to travel to areas we had only read about in our text books. One attribute that I have always admired about my dad is his tremendous work ethic. If my siblings and I have inherited even a little of that we are fortunate.  His job kept him busy and traveling for so many years and I am so excited for him to finally be able to slow down and relax. I know there will be lots of family time, hobbies, leisure and of course golf in his future. Cheers dad!

2. Matilda Jane
I have recently discovered Matilda Jane and I am a little obsessed. I love everything about the line - the colors, patterns, styles...it's all so adorable!
    1. Layers- perfect for Texas. You can wear the knot dresses with or without layering shirts and obviously with or without tights/leggings. And the best part is that basically all the pieces in each collection coordinate with each other. Speaking of....
    2. It's not matchy matchy. This line makes me wish Hayden had a sister - the sibling outfit coordination is ridiculously cute. I am tempted to buy stuff for Lyla and Audrey just so all the girls can coordinate.
    3. Quality. Although this is MY first purchase I was handed down an MJ outfit and it's still in great condition. PLUS everything is so soft and comfy!

Whew - as you can tell I am quite into the whole thing right now. So it's probably no surprise that I am hosting a Holiday Trunk Show. They are releasing their holiday collection on November 2nd so I will have a preview party on Sunday November 1st. I can't wait to see all the adorable new stuff!

And if you have any interest in coming to my trunk show - let me know and I'll send you the invite! They do carry items for ALL ages - baby to adult!

3. One Stop Bow Shop
I love the whole monthly box trend. Like, Stitch Fix, Honest Company,  Fablectics, PopSugar, Citrus Lane to name a few....I love getting mail so it's even more exciting when it's a surprise box of goodies - I may have an addiction(Don't worry, I don't currently subscribe to ALL of those...but I have at some point.) When I found out that this adorable little bow shop (One Stop Bow Shop) offers a monthly bow box I had to try it out. I LOVE our first box and the colors work so well with our new MJ outfits!
 

I mean, how cute is this?

4. Birthday Tags
I finally sat down and created some Happy Birthday tags using the silhouette design studio. It was super easy and I love how bright and cheery they are - just like any birthday wish should be! I just printed these out on sticker paper, cut them with my silhouette and they are ready to go....now I just need to finish create some for the boys!

 
5. The Butterfly Guy

It's that time of year again - we are chrysalis parents. Oh yeah - big stuff! The boys love watching this whole process and to be honest...so do we. Here is my post from two years ago and apparently I totally forgot to blog about our experience last year. Sounds about right.
Anyhow, I hope this little guy makes it...the little tag said he was suppose to emerge on the 18th...I'm hoping that was a mistake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...