Thursday, August 4, 2011

Creamy Burrito Casserole

I had a pound of ground beef in the fridge and no idea what to make for dinner, so what did I do? I googled....and I found something that peaked my interest. I thought the end product was ok - perhaps a little too creamy for me but Kevin thought it was great. Good thing, because it makes a lot! Here is the finished product! (recipe below)



1lb ground beef
1/2 med yellow onion
1 pkg taco seasoning
6 flour tortillas
1 can of refried beans
2-3 cups of shredded cheese
1 can of mushroom soup
4 ounces of sour cream
Salsa

1. Brown ground meat and onion; drain
2. Add taco seasoning and stir in refried beans
3. Mix soup and sour cream in bowl
4. Spread 1/2 sour cream mixture in bottom of casserole dish
5. Tear up 3 tortillas and spread over sour cream mixture
6. Put 1/2 meat mixture
7. Add a layer of cheese
8. Salsa layer
9. Repeat layers
10. Sprinkle cheese over top layer and bake at 350, uncovered, for 20-30 min

I think if I make again I might use black beans instead of refried and skip the cream of mushroom soup...if anyone tries a variation let me know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. this looks so good. i have got to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done this variation ut have added black beans on a layer and I also add a little milk to the sour cream, soup mixture

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...