Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Asparagus Prosciutto Mushroom Saute

Ryan and I headed to Central Market to find something for dinner and we were successful! I found a yummy recipe and was excited to give it a try. After rounding up all the ingredients we headed home and got everything ready. I washed and cut everything, cooked the pasta and then just waited for Kevin to get home. Once he arrived I whipped it up super fast. The recipe is below.


1 Asparagus Prosciutto Kit (they didn't have this available so I just found everything myself - I wasn't sure on exact amounts needed so I just guessed) so this is what I got:

Extra virgin Olive Oil
Butter
Mushrooms (1pkg)
Garlic
Prosciutto
Basil
Salt & Pepper
Penne Pasta (I used linguini but I think I would do penne next time)

1. Heat saute pan over medium heat, add butter & allow to melt
2. Add shallots, allow to soften & then add mushrooms. Cook mushrooms until they begin to brown on both sides
3. Add olive oil with garlic, & then add asparagus. Season with a heavy pinch of salt.
4. Cover & allow asparagus to cook 2-3 minutes, or until tender
5. Remove lid & add prosciutto. Season with the salt & pepper & stir
6. Add pasta or rice (optional)
7. Finish with chopped fresh basil & serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...