Friday, August 13, 2010

A Surprise from Kevin

When I got home from my dinner with the girls last night daddy had a little surprise waiting for me - so sweet. I remember the day I went into labor he had gone up to Nordstroms to pick up his new suit - he hadn't mentioned that he also went to pick up a little gift for mommy - a "push present" if you will. Of course he had no idea that I would be having little Ryan later that day! I remember after the nurse told me that I was officially in labor Kevin said something like, well your push present is going to be a little late and I was thinking I am so not thinking about a push present right now! haha! Anyhow, I love this necklace that he picked out for me and love the meaning that it carries. 

The necklace is a Roberto Coin piece and he is known for marking his jewels by setting a small ruby hidden within each piece, so that the stone is in direct contact with the skin. The Ruby is considered everlasting, like true love. It has also always been enveloped in a legendary aura and is believed to possess magic powers. According to this belief, wearing a Ruby near the skin promotes a long, healthy and happy life.  I think this is so sweet and such an amazing gift that Kevin picked out. I also love that a Ruby is Ryan's birthstone!!

Thank you daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...