Friday, August 6, 2010

One step forward and two steps back?

Well, yesterday morning I was so excited that Ryan was sleeping in his bassinet but I think I spoke too soon. I guess I should have waited for that to happen more than one night before getting excited about it! Last night was a little difficult. I am so lucky that my mom is here right now because she has been helping out with the last feeding of the evening which allows me to get a big chunk of sleep - but next week I won't be so lucky. 

So here is a recap of the night. After his 8pm feeding I pump and then head to bed - so in bed about 9:30ish. For the next feeding Kevin and mom give him a bottle of breast milk (11pm) and then Kevin has been heading to bed while Yia Yia T has been staying up and watching Ryan - evidently he is not a huge fan of sleeping from the 11pm - 2am time slot. Kevin and T have been having issues with the Dr. Brown's bottles - I guess the milk comes out way to fast and it ends up all over him and that also results in a lot of wasted breast milk. (I am going to have to assess their skills because mommy does not have this issue when I give him a bottle.) Anyhow, Ryan didn't make it until 2am because he was so hungry so T brought him in about 1:30 and I fed him. I got 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep which is AMAZING. It makes it so much easier to deal with the rest of the night. About 2:45am he was done and I tried to cuddle with him and then lay him down in the bassinet. He laid in there until 3:40 but wasn't sleeping very soundly - I just laid in bed and listened. I also heard some explosions going on in his pants but when I checked there was nothing there - so perhaps he is just gassy and that is why he won't settle . At 3:40 he was NOT happy - he started crying and fussing so the lights came on and we were searching for his pacifier - for the next 45 min I delt with him falling asleep and trying to put him in his bassinet and then waking up and fussing so I gave up and just left him sleep on my chest. At 4:30 he was suppose to be fed again but he was finally sleeping so I didn't wake him up....I hate making that decision but when they are finally sleeping you just really really don't want to wake them up. So he slept until about 6am on me - while I lightly snoozed - it's hard to sleep well when they are laying on you. So at 6am we woke up and he was an angry little man, most likely because he was super hungry. It took a little while to calm him down and let him feed but he finally did and things were good. We finished about 7:30 or so and I held him until I was able to transfer him into the basinet. Then I fell back asleep - well finally got to get some sleep. I guess Yia Yia T came and got him at 8:15 because he wasn't sleeping - well she said that Bob was peering down in his bassinet like he wanted to do something to him so she just took Ryan away. Back up at 9am to feed him. He seemed content and I put him back down in the bassinet but he is just not sleeping like he did yesterday. I wonder what the rest of the day will be like...

Oh well, overall I think I am pretty lucky because he does seem to have a lot more good nights than bad nights. I guess we will find out how tough things can really get when its just us next week. We are going to miss Yia Yia T. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...