Monday, August 9, 2010

Our first night out



Kevin and I had our first night out together this past Saturday night. We headed out to a family friend and coworkers wedding. While I was excited to get out of the house and have some alone time with Kevin part of me also just wanted to catch up on some much needed sleep. My parents were also invited to the wedding but they declined so that they could stay home and watch little Ryan. It's so great to have family around because we didn't worry about little Ryan at all while we were out.
The ceremony started at 6pm and was at a church near Northwest Highway and Douglas Avenue - their reception immediately followed at the Belo Mansion downtown. Sooo in true new mommy fashion what did I do on the way to the reception? I pumped. haha. It was quite funny as I sat in the back seat all covered up while Kevin drove us downtown - fun stuff I tell you. Anyhow, with that out of the way we had a great time at the reception. The wedding was beautiful and the food was great. Although I had enough milk stocked up for Ryan so that I could drink the night away if I pleased - it just didn't sound that enticing. Drinking just isn't as exciting when you know you have a little man to take care of when you get home. Anyhow, we had a great time and were back home by 10pm. On the way home we laughed about how old we have become as 10pm use to be the time things just started to get going. Oh how things have changed! But we love it and wouldn't want it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...