Wednesday, July 25, 2012

32 weeks

Lately every tech (and that's five in the last week) that puts a monitor on me or does a sonogram says the same thing....Oh wow, your baby is sooooo low! Oh yes, I know...because I certainly feel it!


How far along? 32 weeks (I took this picture right away this time!)
Total weight gain/loss? 19lbs -  I double-checked and couldn't believe it. Apparently I didn't gain any weight in the last two weeks. In fact, I actually lost .4 of a lb...I am not sure how this is possible but in celebration I am baking cookies. 
Baby size:  We didn't measure the size of the baby today at my sonogram - they only do that every two weeks.
Exercise: No exercise but at least I am no longer on bed rest as of today!
Maternity clothes? Yeah.
Stretch marks? Not yet but this belly feels huge! 
Sleep: Going to bed around 10:30 and only waking up once around 2-4 for the bathroom. 
Best moment this week: News that my cervix has remained stable at it's current length, which means no more bed rest! I am advised to take it easy but at least now I feel comfortable getting out and about. 
Miss anything: Really been craving sushi this week for some reason...won't be much longer!
Movement: So much movement. Baby likes to move it move it. Now at my sonogram appointments they will monitor fetal movement before I get a sonogram.  This is something that they do starting at 32 weeks and it is related to the SUA (not the shortened cervix). Anyhow, baby did great and showed lots of movement.
Food cravings: Well, I gave up sweets for three days (while I was on bed rest). After two deliveries of TIffs treats I was on sugar overload and feeling pretty icky. Three days without any sugary sweets wasn't too bad but of course I decided that sharing some of Ryan's cookie cake was a serious motherly duty. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: A couple of days this week I have felt a little nauseous but it's usually just in the mornings and doesn't last long.
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender predication: ? I have been hooked up to a lot of monitors lately and watched baby's heartbeat go from the 130s to 160s within a 5 minute span...so I know it's just an old wives tale but it is kinda difficult to use if baby's heartbeat changes so much!
Labor signs: I felt some contractions this week but they were 20 minutes apart - my doctor has reassured me to only be concerned if I have more than four contractions in an hour. 
Symptoms: Heartburn. Definitely feeling more exhausted these days oh & lots of pressure really low...
Wedding rings on or off? On...for now. 
Belly button in or out? Out.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!

1 comment:

  1. William was SO low too. I had sonograms done 1-2 times a week the last 4 weeks I was pregnant and on bedrest....they could never see his face because he was so low.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...