Friday, April 13, 2012

Meal Plan Monday (or...friday)

Since I didn't get around to posting our meal plan this week I thought I would post a recap of what I made. I am not sure if my pictures make these meals look appetizing at all but I am adding them anyways. Just remember...I'm not a photographer!

Monday: Grilled Tilapia with Lemon Butter, Capers and Orzo (Food Network)
This is one of my favorite recipes. I always feel like it's so healthy...but that whole lemon "butter" thing...yeah it's probably not. It feels healthy when you are eating it though :) I added a layer of mixed greens under the fish which made it feel healthier too. lol.


Tuesday: Baby Back Ribs & Mashed potatoes (from No More To Go)
This was the easiest recipe EVER! Plus the meat seriously just falls right off the bone - delicious. (I am sure anyone who knows me can't even believe I am writing this because I have never been a huge fan of BBQ, but for some reason I was down with this). I also loved it because I hate making a mess in the kitchen the day that our house keeper comes. Since the ribs cook in the crock pot all day there is really no mess to make - plus it's pretty awesome to come home to a CLEAN house and a yummy smelling dinner!! Win Win!
All you do is put 2lbs of ribs in crock pot (meat side down) with 18 oz of BBQ sauce on low for 7-8hrs. Then broil for 4min (meat side up).
Here they are right out of the broiler - did I mention how easily they fall apart? Oops!

 Some of my ribs got a little dried out but I believe it was one of two reasons, or both:
1. I didn't put enough sauce in the crock pot - some of my ribs stuck out above the sauce. (I had a little over 2lbs of ribs.) Next time I am going to make sure they are all covered
2. My crock pot low is pretty darn hot - it bubbles (not sure if that is normal for low). Think next time I might put on low for like 5 hrs, then just keep on warm for the other 2 hours.

I think it was probably #1 because the meat that was in the sauce was PERFECT! Oh and the mashed potatoes were a perfect combination. Yum!

Wednesday: We went out to eat to our favorite pizza place, Grimaldi's.

Thursday: Asparagus Prosciutto  Mushroom Saute (Previously posted on DD)
Another one of my favorites. I got this recipe from Central Market (in the area where they have those dinner kits ready to go). I have never bought the dinner kit (it's never there when I want it) so I just buy everything separately. Last time I did with fettucini noodles but think the penne pasta works best!
Can you tell I love prosciutto??? Although the recipe tells you to add the prosciutto in at the end to cook a little but both Kevin and I prefer it not cooked. So yum!

Everything was delicious - highly recommend making any of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...