Monday, April 2, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

So I didn't quite follow my last Meal Plan Monday, which kind of defeats the purpose...but I was still dealing with nausea and random cravings so I just went with the flow. I made the Orzo and Chicken with Lemondealing but used tilapia instead and it was pretty darn good. Will definitely make again! I didn't make the Flounder Piccata or the Asian Inspired Flat Iron steak - instead I made the following casseroles.

Taco Casserole (I saw this floating around Pinterest and the fritos were calling my name)
 I served the taco casserole over a layer of greens which kinda made it like a taco salad. It was pretty darn good and Kevin loves Tacos so he was happy with this.

Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole (Another Pinterest find)
I loved this. I actually have made this type of casserole before but I like this recipe much better. It was delicious and really not all that bad for you.

This week I am going to try and stick to the plan! Here it is:

Monday: Fettuccine with Shiitake mushrooms & basil (Eating Well via Pinterest) I will probably add some chicken breast to this since it doesn't have meat included.

Tuesday:  Roasted Salmon and Broccoli with Parmesan Roasted New Potatoes (Recipe from No More To Go)

Wednesday: Thai Grilled Flank Steak with Stir Fried Shiitake Mushrooms and Asparagus (Recipe from No More To Go)

Thursday: Blackened Chicken with Avocado cream sauce and cilantro lime quinoa (Recipe from Sarcastic Cooking Blog via Pinterest)

Friday: No cooking!

Wow - ambitious! Not sure if I will cook 4x's this week - we will see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...