Monday, April 16, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

So for dinner tonight I wasn't much in the mood for cooking...well, I really wanted to make popovers and that is where I wanted to focus my energy. My friend Shannon recently blogged about some she made...and I guess they have been in my head ever since. Last night as I was perusing Pinterest I found the Neiman Marcus recipe so I thought I'd give it a test. I have attempted 'the popover' before but they did not turn out - I just thought it was because my baking soda was expired. Anyhow, I checked on the little guys half way through and they looked picture perfect in the over - so excited! Unfortunately when I pulled those bad boys out they were so hard and glossy and HEAVY...not light and fluffy like they should be. Down right dense. I have no idea where I went wrong. I did everything I was suppose to and none of my ingredients were expired. Then I remembered this was the EXACT same recipe I tried last time...so it wasn't the baking soda...it is something else and I have no idea but I am giving up on making a Neiman Marcus popover. My mother-in-law has a good recipe for them so I will have to get my hands on that one...perhaps there will be popovers again this week!

Monday:  Salad with Rotisserie Chicken & Popovers
For the salad I kinda just threw in whatever I had...tomatoes, avocado, egg (still have a few left from Easter), cheese and a rotisserie chicken from Central Market...it was a little dry but it did the job. For dressing I usually just use olive oil and red wine vinegar. And I forgot to mention that I also make some chicken Rice A Roni...that was really just for me as Kevin opted out of that side. And yes, my popvers. My sad little popovers. At least they tasted ok...just not like a light and fluffy popover.

Tuesday: Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta (Chaos in the Kitchen blog via Pinterest)

Wednesday: Wild Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto (Food Network)
Last night I had dinner with some girlfriends at The Common Table and I was totally out ordered. The menu had so many yummy looking items on it but somehow I managed to pick the not so yum ones. Both of my friends got delicious dishes and mine was just blah. Actually the flatbread pizza was horrible - don't get it there. Anyhow, Susanne ordered the mushroom and asparagus risotto that I was also eyeing...and it looked amazing (oh and it was, she let me try some). So, I googled a recipe and hope to satisfy my craving.
Thursday: Leftovers...
Friday: Ryan and I are headed to Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...