Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween Decorations

Our house is officially De-Halloweened - everything is packed up nicely in orange and black containers and put away in the garage storage area. Whew - that's always the hardest part. I finally took pictures of everything so I am ready to share all my work!

To sit on top of our wine rack I made these Halloween apothecary jars. They were super easy and cheap to make but they are also not very sturdy. I was constantly worried they were going to fall over and break - not sure they will make an appearance next year. I got the idea on Pinterest and the tutorial is here.  The printed Halloween subway art was from one of my favorite blogs, Eighteen25. I just printed it out at Kinkos and then used a frame from Ikea. 

To spook up our new hutch in the dining room I created this Boo garland from House of Smiths. The large spider worked perfectly hanging on the edge - I found that at JoAnns. 

This is a shot of my sofa table. (The orange bowl with treats wasn't there all month long - just for the party.) I found the black and orange glitter sticks at Home Goods. I guess I didn't get a vertical picture of this. 

One of my favorite decorations was this skull under my cloche. I got the cloche at Wisteria Outlet and love that I can repurpose it for everyday and every holiday! I found the charger at Hobby Lobby then used a candlestick (painted black) and a Halloween plate (similar to the pumpkin one below) to set some spanish moss on for my skull. So fun!

I displayed this on our ledge/buffet that is in between the kitchen and dining area. I added the spiders to the vases to make it more Halloween-y. I found the pumpkin plate at Hobby Lobby (one of three that I found). The printable was found here. The skulls were from Joanns. 

That wraps up the Halloween decorations that I had all month long. The next set of pictures are from our pumpkin carving party. 

 I was so excited to create a Monster Munch bar! I am all about "Make you Own x" - I just think its so darn cute. I got the idea on pinterest - I was looking at food to serve and then I saw monster munch. I thought it looked yummy but I know everyone likes different sweets/salts so I decided to deconstruct it and let people make there own - yum! Viola - the Monster Munch Bar!
I created the sign the day of the party - I used my cricut to cut the letters out then used wrapping paper to make a "custom label". The rest is just black fabric wrapped over a board. (I guess the items in the bookcases were there all month too. I kinda forgot about them since they are below eye level.)

I made all the printables myself in adobe illustrator and printed everything at home- was so proud that I didn't have to buy any or spend ANY time at kinkos! UGH it always takes forever there! I just printed out chevron pattern and cut the paper in to rectangles. Then made the circle printables and used my circle punch. Popped them on with pop dots. Easy peasy!





We had butter popcorn, white cheddar and vanilla covered. The skeleton hands are salad tongs from Target. 

Of course I labeled everything....

I swear - I make oreo balls for every party. They are so easy and apparently adapatable. All I added was blue icing then little mini m&ms to make them look like eyes. 

Cheese, who doesn't love cheese? Thanks to Yia Yia T for the name.

Yummy cupcakes!

The drink station. 

For some reason I didn't take a more organized picture of everything. This was the best I got and the food table wasn't complete - oh well. I made the Halloween banner (another pinterest inspiration). I cut the burlap in the pennant shape then to make the letters I used my cricut to create a stincel. Using that I sponge painted the letters on. It was easy and I think it turned out cute. On the table the platters that are holding the monster eyes and cheese are just cylinder vases with Halloween tights! I hot glued the orange chargers so they didn't topple over. 

The last thing that I made was the party favors. Kevin helped me assemble these - what a wonderful husband. 


Can't wait for next years party!








1 comment:

  1. Even with all those scary decorations, it sure seems like you guys would have lots of delicious treats to enjoy for this year's celebration! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...