Friday, September 9, 2011

My favorite room - Ryan's Nursery

I have started this post a few different times but have never gotten around to finishing it. Well, now that he is 13 months old I think I need to get it done! Better late than never!

Once we learned that we would be bringing home a sweet little boy I knew I wanted to create the perfect little space for him.  I wanted Ryan to have a true baby boys room. I figured there would be times for themes and whatnot as he got older so I wanted something sweet and babyish...and boyish! I was not afraid of blue but also wanted to balance it out with another fun color.

My mom introduced me to Serena and Lily and I fell in love with everything they have! Ugh their stuff is amazing....anyhow, I really fell in love with the Blake collection. I have never been a huge pastel person but really loved the blue and green and the fun combination of polkadots and stripes - whats not to love? I also really liked how the room was decorated, so calming and so sweet for a little baby boy - just what I had envisioned.



I ordered the paint samples that Serena & Lily suggested but wasn't a huge fan of them in person. They just didn't do anything for the room - I knew I wanted to go a little more blue.  We planned to add bead boarding so I wanted a blue that would pop without being too overbearing. (We ended up using a Sherwin Williams paint that was color matched to Pottery Barn xxx.- eek I have to look this up!)

Once we had the walls figured out and the bedding selected the rest of it just came together. Of course my mom was instrumental in decorating Ryan's nursery, she picked out so many things and helped me make decisions when I wasn't sure what to do! She also helped with a lot of the grunt work! 


We found the crib at Buy Buy Baby and love it. It is very sturdy I am sure all of our children will enjoy get to enjoy it! It is part of the Hudson collection by Bonvita. 

It took me a while to decide what we wanted to put above the crib. I didn't want anything too heavy incase it fell - that would be horrible! My mom found this cute little sign shop on etsy (Sweet Art Boutique) and we got one custom made. (It's super cute but I am thinking it wouldn't be hard to make one myself...maybe for the next baby!) It is perfect because it is painted on canvas, so even if it did fall, it wouldn't hurt!

Moving along...


We found the glider & ottoman online at Posh Tots. It is the Adult Chateau Glider with custom fabric. Ordinarily I wouldn't order furniture online without seeing and/or sitting on it, but one of my friends had this glider and I loved it so much. The boutique she had bought hers from closed, but after doing some googling I found it at Posh Tots- yay! 

We needed a simple white bookcase and I search forever for this. I couldn't seem to find a bookcase that was tall enough and wide enough - I really didn't think it would be that difficult. I ended up finding this one at Walmart. They were off white so we painted the pieces of wood (ahem, faux wood) before we assembled it. Although it isn't the best quality it gets the job done and I think it works for now.

Ryan received so many cute things from all of our friends - lots of books, stuffed animals and frames. We had so much fun arranging the bookcases. I got the adorable little green and white baskets at container store.


The furniture above is mine from when I lived with my parents. It was originally white, then painted black and then white again for my little bug. We found the adorable pulls from Pottery Barn Kids and I love them so much. I think they are discontinued now...I had to search like crazy for them! The animal ABC picture is from ZGallerie,


We found a lot of wonderful items at Pottery Barn Kids:
 - Curtains
 - Green & white striped pulls on dresser, nightstand & bookcase

I also took some pics of details below:

Starting from the right hand top corner - 
1. Giraffe Drawing (Gift from a friend - she bought on Etsy)
2. Ryan Silhouette (Need to ask my mom where she got)
3. Thank Heaven for LIttle Boys Pillow (Furniture store in Houston)
4. Ryan Canvas (Sweet Art Boutique on Etsy)
5. Love at first sight (Hobby Lobby - My mom added the dragonflies)
6. Animal ABCs (ZGallerie)
7. Giraffe, frame & stain glass cross (Made by my friend Susanne's grandma)
8.  Crochet Owl (Made by my friend Jackie)

I think that sums up most of the items. If you have any questions just leave me a note and I will get back with the details!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...