Wednesday, September 7, 2011

DIY Labor Day

We had a real DIY weekend at our house. There were so many projects that I have been wanting to do and we finally got to check them off our list! While my list looks rather small, each project was highly involved. I will explain later in separate posts. Anyhow, here is our little list.

Our To-Do List:
Reorganize both master closets
Makeover the laundry room
Build hutch that I bought from Ikea

Kevin and I got started with his closet then jumped in to the laundry room. We made great progress but were so happy when my parents and brother Nick came to visit us on Sunday - they helped tremendously! We were able to finish up the laundry room, my closet and build the hutch.  I am going to post before and after picture of everything but I haven't taken the 'afters' yet. There are still some final touches that I am working on :)

On another note I just finished a smaller project for our living room. I forgot to take a before picture so I will just explain. When we first moved in it took me forever to find art for the walls. I tend to like to change things up every so often so I didn't want to splurge on something that I would be tired of in a year. I ended up buying three white canvases at Michael's and then finding fun fabric to cover them. I have already gone though two different fabric patterns and almost a third when I decided to try something a little different. With a little inspiration from my favorite site, Pinterest, I decided to paint a chevron pattern.  I used DecoArt Champagne Gold and really love how it turned out. It's shimmery but not too showy. Here is my final product:

Yes, thats Modern Family on the television - so ready for the next season!

The whole process was pretty easy - the hardest part was creating the pattern. I checked out a few blogs to see how others had done it and then took a stab at it using their helpful hints. It's not perfect by any means but I am pretty pleased with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...