Sunday, October 9, 2011

TX OU Weekend Traditions

Back in the day I loved getting decked out in my burnt orange and cowboy boots, tailgating all day, goofing around at the fair and watching the game. About five years ago I realized it just wasn't my thing anymore. It was my first year living here in Dallas and I went to the game with all the boys. I missed having girlfriends around to talk to. I think I spent more time watching Bevo than I did the actual game (let's be honest, I probably did the same thing back in college).  We were winning by a lot (which I thought that meant we could go ahead and leave, you know, since we knew the outcome) and the boys were in no hurry to leave. And as we stood in the stands until the VERY end I thought to myself, yup I am definitely not doing this again....and I haven't regretted it since. Don't get me wrong, I love the longhorns but I love my new tradition more. Now instead of going to the game, all the wives go shopping! Hook-em!

This was the first year I was able to fully experience the tradition that my sister-in-law Sarah and her friend Amy started and it was so much fun! My new TX OU tradition now involves a babysitter, shopping all day, a martini lunch at Bistro N and dinner out somewhere fun! Oh and don't worry, Nordstrom's announces the game score every so often over the loud speaker (although I am not so sure we really wanted to know this year!). 


Our day was super fun (minus my iphone getting stolen) and we ended it with a fun dinner at Alma. We had a great time and I thought I would share some of my favorite Fall Finds!

1. Colored Jeans


As we were headed to the mall my friend Terra was telling me about the new Joe's Jeans that come in 55 different colors AND are super soft! Ummmm amazing!  I knew I would need to secure a pair of those! We found them at Nieman's but they only had a few colors. You can preorder a lot of the colors online (and they have free shipping). They are super comfortable and I am excited to wear my new fiery red jean! Thanks Terra!

2. Faux Fur
I saw this vest in Anthropologie back in August when I was shopping with my mom. I tried it on and thought it was super cute but it was just so darn hot outside I couldn't bring myself to make the purchase. Since then I had tried on a few different ones, but a lot are so puffy my head looks so tiny. I decided to go back and get this one and can't wait to wear it out!

3.  Silk Blouse
Love the Lucinda Silk Blouse at JCrew. It's super cute with jeans and skirts. I love that you can dress it up or down so it's a must for me this Fall. It was on sale so I ended up with two fun colors! Yay!

Still in the market for some peep-toe booties, metallic flats and a gold watch (I know rose and chocolate gold are the rage but I still want just regular gold!) and a few other items but my time was cut short when I realized my iphone was gone. What a sad sad day - I am so glad I uploaded the video of Ryan's first steps to facebook & YouTube or I would have been even more upset! 

All in all it was a super fun time with the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...