Monday, March 5, 2012

SURPRISE!

We are thrilled to announce that we are EXPECTING baby #2 this September!

How We Found Out:
Monday afternoon, January 23, Ryan and I had just arrived home from a five day trip to Houston to visit family and friends. When I was visiting with my friend MK we were talking about getting pregnant and I assured her I wasn't pregnant (in my head, my justification was that I didn't feel pregnant).  After that discussion I thought about the fact that I could actually be pregnant but somehow brushed it off not wanting to get my hopes up. (Last time it took us six months (which is average) but it felt like forever!) Since we hadn't officially started trying I didn't want to get the disappointment of a negative test.

Anyhow, I packed up our things and headed back to Dallas.  I remember feeling so exhausted the entire drive back but chalked it up as the result from a super busy and fun weekend. When we got home I decided what the heck, I have a test, I am all alone...no one will know, so I took it. I was unloading the car and trying to keep up with Ryan and ran inside to check the results. I didn't really feel pregnant so I thought there was no way I could be. I was really shocked (in a good way) when I saw the positive result.

I couldn't believe it. After I got the positive test result I started to realize that I DID have symptoms and I was totally brushing them off. I had been super hungry, felt dizzy and even had strange cravings! I mean, check out what I bought at Buckee's that very afternoon....that should have given me a CLUE!
My mind was going a mile a minute and was so excited I just wanted to scream it out. I wanted to call Kevin and tell him right away but then again I wanted to tell him in a fun way. I called my friend MK and told her the news - I also needed help on how I should tell Kevin. You would have thought that I had all sorts of ideas stored up but in reality I never thought I would know before him...odd. Anyhow, I ended up making a card that Ryan gave to him when he got home. Ryan loves bringing things over to people so it worked out perfectly. Daddy was totally not expecting it and as he read it out loud he was like "woah...that was totally not what I was expecting". Of course he was super excited - who wouldn't be?

Who We Told & How:
We were super excited to tell our family and I knew how I wanted to do it. I went searching all over town for a cute Big Brother shirt but couldn't find one. I know there are a ton on Etsy but I didn't want to wait on shipping. I wanted one ASAP, so I decided I would just make one.
(This is before I ironed the letters down)
We told Kevin's family first. Since it was a little chilly outside Ryan actually had his little red vest coat on. We decided that when we got over to the Hales house neither of us would take his jacket off so that whoever did would see his shirt first. It took about 20 minutes of Ryan running around inside with a jacket on until Grandma finally got him and took his little jacket off - she saw it right away and screamed out and of course everyone was thrilled for us.
We tried to do the same thing for my family but Ryan had a high fever and wasn't feeling well. We arrived in Houston about 10pm and the little guy was half asleep and not feeling well. I was holding him and trying to get everyone in the same room so I could reveal his shirt. Everyone was concerned with his fever and trying to feel him but I was trying to keep him turned away so he wouldn't reveal his shirt. I finally turned him around and everyone was excited. Poor little guy went straight to bed after all that.

How Does This Pregnancy Compare:
In general I think the first trimester has been fairly similar to last time (and probably anyone else's pregnancy for that matter). I am nauseous but haven't gotten sick and I am ridiculously exhausted. I guess the difference seems to be that I think I am more nauseous than last time and MORE exhausted. Luckily this trimester is almost over...AND lucky for me Ryan takes naps - I heart nap time.

I do not remember how food could sound so horribly disgusting but yet could be the most satisfying thing in the world. I feel like when I eat something that I am craving it tastes so freaking good...like better than normal. It is so odd and I don't remember that satisfaction last time.

Let's see, as far as food goes when I was pregnant with Ryan I could not stomach meat - this time that has not been an issue. I can basically eat whatever but in general nothing sounds good. I don't really have any consistent cravings...everyday it changes. One day I will want chinese food and the next day it sounds horribly disgusting. Let's just say that leftovers and I aren't getting along. Mexican food and I have been on the outs again (wasn't a huge fan with Ryan either). It's not that I don't like it, but I don't crave it or miss it if I don't get any. Usually I would go into queso withdrawl.

Loving right now:
Jimmy Johns Sandwiches & Chips
Eatzi's Hummus and bread
Grimaldi's pizza & Mediterranean salad
In-and-Out burger (I am not sure if I have ever eaten a burger for lunch...but I have now)

We have ordered out a lot these past few months and I cannot wait to get back in the kitchen cooking on a regular basis. I can't wait to get my energy back so that I can be productive during Ryan's nap time! I think that is all for now. We are so excited to welcome another little baby into our family. Ryan is going to be such a great big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...