Monday, April 5, 2010

Dr. Appointment

So another quick appointment today. I gained 5.5lbs in the last month! Oh my!! So that's a total of 10.5 all together...goodness gracious! It's so weird to get on the scale and see that but the doctor says I am doing great so nothing to worry about. I guess if I gain a pound a week from here on out I would hit a total of 28lbs - I guess time will tell. Kevin thinks he has gained weight too so he wants to start eating healthy again...I guess that means no more oreo balls! haha
I asked Dr. Richards about our trip to Mexico thinking that it wasn't going to be a big deal at all but to our surprise he actually cautioned us about going. Not for swine flu or any of the other mess that happens down there, but just because he doesn't advise traveling from 23 - 28 weeks, especially out of the country. The reason is basically that if I did go into labor we would be under the care of Mexican health system and plus the baby wouldn’t be able to leave until it was at least 37 weeks…so that would be quite an extended stay. I am so bummed about this but since I am such a worry-wart I know it would only make me miserable the whole time…not to mention my mom would probably be just as worried. I really should have asked before we booked (and rebooked) our tickets. We were both looking forward to this trip and sad we can’t make it. I think instead we are going to look at planning a nice relaxing weekend at Barton Creek Resort over Memorial weekend.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...