Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rest in Peace sweet Jayna

I hate blogging about such a horrible event but I am so shocked and saddened by the news that I feel I must share. It is just another example of how precious life is and it makes me realize lucky I am to have such an amazing family. I am so thankful for our health, safety and the love that we all have for each other.

This past week a friend of mine from ISS passed away. She was the victim of a horrible violent crime and it breaks my heart to know that this has happened to her and that the criminals have not been caught. Here is a link to one of the many news articles: NBC News Washington

I was not a close friend of Jayna's but most of us who went to ISS all keep in contact via Facebook and it's nice to have that community out there. I am sure anyone who has gone to an International School probably knows that you have a special bond with your classmates as you all shared so many nontraditional (and traditional) high school experiences together.  Jayna was in my brother Nicks grade, but we spent time together playing on the school basketball team. (Yup, I played basketball.) Anyhow, her smile was infectious and she had one of those laughs that just made you want to start laughing yourself.  She was one of those people that was always happy and by the activity on Facebook you can tell that she has touched so many peoples lives. A common theme is how she had a zest for life and was such a wonderful person.  My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and loved ones - Jayna will be missed dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...