Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Solids!

Ryan had his first "solid" on Sunday, January 30th and he did such a good job! We started with some organic multi-grain cereal by Happy Bellies. I got this and the organic brown rice from the MetroMom events that I have been going to so I thought it would be great to try it out. It's not really what you and I would call a "solid" but I guess it's a little thicker than milk so it counts. 


We started out with Ryan in his highchair but he kept slouching over so I had to hold him up. It was kind of difficult to feed him and hold him but we managed. 

Yum Yum!

What? Is there something on my face?

 Open wide!

Once the hands got involved it got REALLY messy

The next day we tried again and used the bouncer seat - MUCH easier!
 
He really LOVES food time!


Oh, and look who likes Ryan's food too? Surprise surprise....
Don't worry - Bob got a hold of this after we were done

Today we tried some organic brown rice cereal and I mixed in a little formula and the little man LOVED it. He kept opening up his little mouth wanting more and more. So fun! I LOVE this whole baby food thing!

Next I am going to start making his food. I think we will try sweet potatoes and avocados next.  I can't wait to start mixing up some fun things - baby food recipes here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...