Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Ryan's First Day - Kindergarten

This sweet little boy started Kindergarten!

If you know me, you know I am all about traditions - and since starting school is new for our little family, it was the perfect opportunity to start one! After a little brainstorming I decided to go with making a school bus cake for the night before the first day of school.  I can't decide if that was the best option since my kids will probably never ride a school bus, but hey, it works. I was going to add a little more decor/design but it was too much work. Lol. Plus, I gotta leave room for improvement, right? Anyhow, each year I plan to put a picture of the kids riding in the bus along with the grade they are entering...

My "school bus" this year. As you can see, I set the bar really LOW. The good news is that the kids loved it. They thought it was amazing...but it was most likely just the Ding Dongs. Those were a big hit. #dingdongsforthewin

I was pretty excited for Ryan's first day. So much so that I may have taken a sleeping aid. Yeah. Anyhow, I slept great. And luckily, so did little R. Ryan came down around 7:15am and had yogurt and cheerios for breakfast. Surprisingly we were joined by Grayson - he typically loves to sleep so I was a little surprised that he got up - but he was pretty excited for Ryan. That was pretty cute! 

Of course we had to get pictures - and apparently Grayson didn't want to be left out of this either.

A few more and then we headed out...

And although we were running a few minutes late...we still stopped for a picture out front!

Ryan by his locker...with his massive backpack. 

His sweet teacher - Mrs. Littlefield!

Not only are these dudes in the same class but they are sitting at the same table! 

There were no tears - from this dude or myself (I know, shocker).  After drop off there was a little "Boo Hoo" breakfast for the new parents, so I popped over there and met a lot of new mommies. Although I have already forgotten most everyone's names I am excited for these new friendships and for starting this next chapter of our lives with so many sweet families. 

Love that Sheridan (our favorite sitter) decorated for this little guys return! 

Of course all day I was thinking about what Ryan might be doing...And I was so excited to pick him up and hear about how it all went down. Deep down I knew that I wouldn't get a ton of information from him...but I still held on to the small chance that I might get an amazing detailed version of the days events. 
I got the following:
- (at pickup) A BIG SMILE AND HUG and a "It took a long time for 3 o'clock to come. I mean, we had to do so many things"
- Yes, I had fun
- I love my teacher
- He was pretty thrilled with gym class
- He also started singing the phonics song

All in all, I'd say day #1 was pretty successful. He was excited to go back...so I'd say that's a win!

On Day TWO Aunt Sarah picked Ryan up at the end of the day.  Look at these sweet cousins! Love that they are at the same school! Apparently Audrey saw Ryan TWICE at school but he wasn't paying attention when she said hi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...