Wednesday, June 29, 2016

What's Up Wednesday - June 29



1. What we're eating this week:

We have been having Hello Fresh deliveries on Sunday's which makes weekly meal planning quite easy, however I wasn't super excited about the meals this week so we skipped. And then I procrastinated. 

Monday night was my friend Lauren's birthday so we had a girls dinner to celebrate.  Always nice to get out for dinner, especially after a long day with the kiddos...but I still needed to feed those little munchkins. We had swimming at 4:30 - which means we don't get home until 5:30 - which means I gave myself 30 minutes to make dinner magic happen. I went to the freezer to grab some frozen ground beef to make spaghetti and was so happy when I saw the frozen lasagna from Jimmy's food store! BAM. Dinner was done, and I didn't even have to make a mess. I was incredibly proud of myself. 
And then Tuesday happened. It was another crazy evening - resulting in leftovers for dinner.  Luckily I was saved for the rest of the week. My sister-in-law sent me free trial meals with Blue Apron and I scheduled they arrived so I was set for the next two nights. Whew. Our two meals were delivered yesterday so tonight we are having Shrimp Fettuccine and tomorrow will be BBQ chicken sliders

2. What I'm reminiscing about
My Babies. Specifically baby Hayden. She was so itty bitty and sweet...and now she is a crazy toddler.  
Look how BIG she looks!

3. What I'm loving
I was just thinking to myself last night how much I love my new phone case. Ha. I am a dork.

This new Speck case with a card slot. It's amazing and has simplified my life so much. Ok, that might be slightly dramatic but seriously, I love it. Most of the time I leave the house all I need are my keys/phone/wallet. I am so bad with my credit card usually throw it in a pocket...and have almost lost it millions of time. This solves that. And makes me so happy.  

Oh and these Yasso Greek Frozen Yogurt bars. I have only tried chocolate chip and chocolate chip cookie dough and I am in love. They are the perfect summer treat! I can't wait to get my hands on the peanut butter cup ones. 

4. What we've been up to...
VBS, camps, and lots and lots of swimming. 
We also kicked off the McDonough birthday season with Kevin's 36th this past Thursday!

5. What I'm dreading
Packing for our trip next week. I have a love/hate relationship with it, but regardless it always takes me sooooo long...

6. What I'm working on
Ryan's birthday (well, kinda). We started planning it but I probably really won't get anything done until we get back from Houston.

7. What I'm excited about
-July 4th weekend
- Katy with the kiddos.  Can't wait to hang out with my parents, Steven & Claire. 
-Meeting sweet baby Bodhi
- Trying out the new Define Katy Studio
- Lupe Tortilla

8. What I'm watching/Reading
Homeland (2 more episodes left of season five) - I already can't wait until January!

The Secret of Midwives

The Nightingale

9. What I'm listening to
same ol' thing 

10. What I'm wearing
It's hot y'all. When I'm not in workout clothes I am living in shorts & tanks. All day. Every day.
However, when I do get dressed up I have been a fan of the bare shoulder trend..



11. What I'm doing this weekend
We are around until Sunday morning and then heading out to Cedar Creek Lake for the night. This is our annual 4th of July trip with Kevin's high school buddies and we always look forward to seeing everyone. It's a quick 24 hours but we manage to pack a lot of action in.  Although we have been going since before kids, apparently I really only have group pics starting when they arrived. 
2011

2012

2013

2014 

2015 (short break)

2016 - We're BACK!!!

12.  What I'm looking forward to next month
-July 4th
-Katy
-Montana

13. What is my favorite 4th of July tradition/recipe
- See #11
- The Lakewood 4th of July parade! It's always so much fun - we love living in this area of town!
2012

2012

2014

And other traditions that go hand in hand with this wonderful holiday - 
- fireworks
- grilling out
- beer
-hanging with friends and family
Happy 4th!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...