Thursday, January 21, 2016

Hello January

Soooo...there was a little incident with my computer over the holidays and it has taken me a while to get back in the swing of things. My old computer was about five years old so it was time for a new one, however, it would have been a little better if I would have had a little warning. Anyhow, I need to take it somewhere to see if they can recover my hard drive...and I hope they can because I have SO SO SO many pictures on there. Sad face. 

Moving on...Here is a little bit of what we have been up to lately

The boys did their belt testing Friday January 8th. 

Woot woot - White with yellow stripe! So proud!

And I hit my 100th pilates class - a proud new member of the century club! Next milestone is 500...that will be a while :)

We spent a Monday dealing with this little incident

Hayden fell off a kiddie chair during drop off at Ryan & Grayson's school (about 9:15am). The cut on her lip wasn't deep but it was thick and in such a weird spot so I wasn't quite sure what to do. I ended up driving to her pediatricians office. 

After seeing a nurse and then her pediatrician it was recommended that we seek a pediatic plastic surgeon. They recommended this new concierge app called KidsKutzMD. You just snap a picture of the cut and they call you right back with next steps. Apparently they can meet you anywhere (like hospital, your house, ect) and it helps you avoid all the waiting you might endure in an ER. This would have been amazing, but the surgeons were in an all day conference so they recommended that we go to Children's Medical City ER and request a pediatric plastic surgeon. Oye. We arrived there at about 11:30am. 
Mary came up and joined me around 12:30...we waited in the exam room. Hayden was so worn out by this time and as she was playing a game with Mary on her cell phone she fell asleep mid game. Sweet little girl!  Of course then the children's ER doctor came in - luckily he was able to assess her without waking her. He thought it would be best to call a plastic surgeon...yeah...

And we waited. and waited. Mary left around 1:40pm so she could pick up the boys from school (and bring Ryan to his dentist appointment at 2:40).  I am so grateful to have them so close - I don't know how I would have gotten though this day without Mary! About 10 minutes later a nurse came in to swab some numbing gel on her cut. Apparently the plastic surgeon would be there in 30 minutes. Forty-five minutes later he showed up and took one look and said it just needed to be glued. So that took about 2 minutes and then he was gone. We FINALLY left at 3:30.
We headed to the dentist to meet Mary and the boys. At Ryan's last visit they mentioned that Ryan's back right molar was never fully formed - some sort of deformity that he was just born with. I really didn't worry too much about it because they said there wasn't really anything we could do but just keep an eye on it. Welp. Fast forward to now...we gots to do something with it. A big chunk split off and it needed to be capped and possibly needed a root canal.  Eek! Poor guy! So we set an appointment for the next Wednesday and then we headed upstairs to spend some more time with our pediatrician. I conveniently made an appointment for Ryan while I was there earlier because he had been complaining that his ear/jaw was hurting at night. After some more waiting, and Ryan telling me it didn't hurt anymore and he just wanted to go home...our pediatrician came in and Ryan was diagnosed with his first ever ear infection. A double ear infection! Poor boy. 
So that was last Monday. Cue the wine.

I realize that this is just life with three and I am so thankful that my kids are healthy and we are only dealing with minor issues. I would like to note that Hayden was completely unaffected by the entire face plant. The next day at drop off she immediately climbed back up on the chair and tried to do her maneuver again. Oye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...