Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Halloween Night

Halloween night!
We had such a blast on Halloween. Our costumes clearly don't really go together...but we had fun dressing up. Ryan was so excited to be BumbleBee and had talked about it for so long...he told anyone who would listen to him. He typically explained that BumbleBee was a transformer but I am pretty sure some people didn't catch that last party and just thought he was dressing as a bee. How sweet. 
Grayson was all about dressing up as SpiderMan...until about 1pm on Halloween day. As I was reading a Curious George Halloween book before him nap he decided that he wanted to be a spooky ghost! Yay - I was thrilled! I love ghosts, mummies, goblins, witches...anything 'real' Halloween. I just hoped that when he woke up he still wanted to be a ghost...and to my surprise he did! He was quite happy with his face paint and white sheet...I thought it was adorable!
As for Kevin, the pirate costume was a last resort. He always dresses up at work and this year his costume didn't really translate to the masses for Halloween. (His team dressed up as the leadership team...so more of an inside joke type thing.) Anyhow, we had a pirate costume from a few years ago (that he never wore) so it ended up working out. 
Hayden and I went as mommy and me unicorns. lol.  My sister-in-law told me she was going to be a unicorn and the more I thought about it, the more I really wanted to dress Hayden as one...and of course I had to match. I made the horn and ear headbands - super easy and I think they turned out really cute! I also made Hayden's tutu. All in all, a super easy costume!
Grayson and face paint don't really work all that great together. He gets so sweaty...and rubs his face so much. What a mess. But a cute little mess. 



Yiayia and Hayden! (I also made Yiayia's shirt!)

I love that our street is blocked off so we can walk around freely and not worry about getting hit by a car...and it just makes it so much more festive...everyone out walking around. It's like a big ol party! So much fun!
Ryan absolutely LOVED trick-or-treating. He wasn't scared and was so excited to go door to door. At every house he would say "Trick-or-treat", "Thank you", "Happy Halloween" and "Boo". In that order. 
each. time. 
cuteness. 
Grayson, on the other hand wasn't so sure...he isn't a fan of masks or anything scary looking...so Kevin ended up holding him quite a bit. But he did love the whole candy aspect of it all. 
We walked down to the Hales house hitting some houses on the way. We hung out there for a bit. Ryan went into their haunted house...Grayson did not. After visiting a bit we made our way back so that we could hand out candy.  We set up shop on the driveway and hung out watching trick-or-treaters.
Grayson was such a little snuggle bunny 


The boys loved handing out candy - especially Ryan. He would get so excited he would run the bucket of candy down the driveway to meet everyone. And then he would loudly say "Just one"...Such a rule maker! At one point there was a group of teenage boys that were heading over (they were at our neighbors house). Ryan saw them coming so he grabbed the candy and ran down the driveway...he stood there waiting and as they got closer he realized how big they were. He got really scared and threw the bucket down and hightailed it back to us...it was so funny! The guys felt so bad but it was just adorable. 
 Such a fun night with some great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...