Thursday, January 18, 2018

Nashville + Beautycounter



This past weekend I spend a quick 48 hours in Nashville with some amazing women! 

Most of our crew flew in early Friday morning so we had the day to play! We decided to head to the Ryman Auditorium before grabbing some lunch. Although I was here two years ago with friends, this time we did the backstage tour and it was well worth the extra $. I loved touring the dressing rooms and learning all about the history of the Ryman. 


When we finished with our tour we headed over to Merchants
Duck Fat Tater Tots. check
Baked Pimento Cheese. check
BBQ Pulled Pork. yes, please. 
Wow. If you know me you are probably wondering WTH. Yeah, something about this city brought out the country in me. I was all about this southern food. Apparently the cold weather makes me want to fatten up! lol. 

After lunch we headed over to Tootsies for some live music!
I had so much fun with these ladies and am so grateful to be working alongside them! 
And back to the hotel by 4pm to get ready for the Welcome Happy Hour. 


***

Saturday was all about Beautycounter. It was a day filled with inspiring women and insightful training. I learned so much...and have so many notes to go over. This is just what I needed to get myself back into the groove. 



Our (Kristin's) team headed to The Gulch for dinner at The 404 Kitchen. My limited review:
- our waiter was a little quirky - everything had to be done on his time. Like when we tried to order some apps with our cocktails...oh no no. He was not a fan of that.
- We started with three apps. The Scallop toast, burrata & cornbread.  Everything was good. But OMG. The scallop toast was TDF. Everyone agreed. So yummy. I could have just eaten that for dinner...it was ah-mazing. 
- I had the New York Strip (again with the man food) and it was really good...but I could hardly put a dent in it. My eyes were clearly much larger than my belly. 
- We were in a private-ish room, but with two other large groups. Holy guacamole those other tables were SO LOUD.  It was entertaining but also slightly annoying at some points. I realize this makes me sound old and boring. 

My weekend was pretty wonderful. Hanging with friends & coworkers, in a fun city filled with awesome music, kind people, delicious food, rich history, and all because of a job that inspires me.  400 women supporting, training and working with on another. It's pretty amazing.



I love all the ladies that I spent the weekend with, but sure would love to see more of my friends here with me next time!

Big things coming for Beautycounter and I cannot wait to share! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...