Wednesday, March 29, 2017

What's Up Wednesday - March 29th


1. What we're eating this week

Monday: leftovers 
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday! Shrimp & Pineapple Soft Tacos
Thursday: I am having Lasik done Thursday morning so we will most likely be having leftovers
Friday: Kevin is having Lasik so we will be hanging at home. We usually order pizza or burgers but since I have a BA meal I might make this....or save for Sunday and order pizza! lol

2. What I'm reminiscing about
eek - nothing currently?

3. What I am loving
Ryan's new room color! 

We went from Serena and Lily Grass (no longer available)


to Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams


Selecting paint is a PAIN - and especially Gray paint! Ugh...but I found this color and I am in LOVE. I think we might change Hayden's to this once she is ready for a room update. 
Here is a great review of Repose Gray


4. What we've been up to
Charleston (post coming soon!)

5. What I'm dreading
Wearing my glasses for three days before surgery! It's torture!
I know I look happy in this pic AND that is only because there is less than 24 hours left of wearing these!!! 

6. What I'm working on
So I finally made progress on Ryan's room but (surprise surprise) it isn't finished. I am having a hard time figuring out what to do with his walls. I really want to do some shelves for his Lego creations & all the little LEGO men. 

I love this idea from Jedi Craft Girl for the little LEGO men. Looks easy enough :)

And I am just trying to figure out if I want to put a small desk (because eventually he will need one) or just work with the little storage cube we currently have. My only hesitation is that if I hang stuff on the wall now, it will have to change later when he does get a desk. That and what color to do? White, Gray or dark wood like the rest of his furniture? 

7. What I'm excited about
Lasik-- It's finally happening!!! 
Why have I waited this long??? Well, I wanted to wait until we were done having kids....and nursing...and well then life just kept happening. And before I knew it I was 34 years old and working on my 22nd year of contacts!!! Yeah. When I realized that I had been wearing contacts for over 20 years I definitely felt old. 
So excited to get it done! And Kevin too!

8. What I'm watching/reading
Currently reading All the Missing Girls and I am about half-way through. 
So far so good....it's hard to put down at night. I hope I can finish it this weekend!

And we started watching Homeland - I didn't realize season six was out. A little late to the game BUT it's kinda nice to have a bunch to catch up on.

9. What I'm listening to
I heard the song "Greatest Love Story" by LANco last week and I instantly fell in love with it. I don't really know much about this group and I only found three other songs by them - they aren't really the same kinda vibe so I am not sure how I feel about that. 

Also, I love Disney music and have no idea why I don't have any of it to play in the car - but now I do. First up:

Lastly, on the subject of music, I realized that I desperately need a good mix for running. I don't run all that often but when I do I want music and I just don't have a good mix quite yet. 

10. What I'm wearing
Right now I am loving all the ruffle sleeves and cold shoulder tops! 
 Jcrew: Cold Shoulder Top /Jcrew: Ruffle sleeve top /JCrewFactory:Ruffle Sleeve t-shirt 

And one of my new favorite tops that I found at an adorable shop (Maris Dehart) in Charleston 

11. What I'm doing this weekend
Lasik
Baseball (Grayson has a buy week and Ryan's game was cancelled by the other team)
Soccer

12. What I'm looking forward to next month
Easter
Stonewall Jackson Elementary Auction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...