Friday, February 20, 2015

6 months - Baby Hayden

Happy half-birthday little lady!
I really thought you were teething this past month but after our little visit to the pediatrician I think you were dealing with allergies and your FIRST ear infection!  You never grabbed at your ear and since neither of the boys ever had an ear infection it wasn't at the top of my radar. Dr. N said it was only a little one but I felt horrible for not bringing you in sooner. Anyhow, we got some antibiotics and that was that. Well kinda. You hate them. I even got grape flavor added...apparently you are not a fan. I need some more antibiotic experienced mommies to spill the beans on the best flavors :)

Aside from your ear infection, drooling like crazy, drippy nose and chewing on everything we had a pretty great month. You are still such a little sweetheart who loves to smile. You have started to push up on your arms ...I am sure you will be popping up on your knees pretty soon too. Hello crawling...


We started eating solids...after about a week you figured out what to do with that silly tongue of yours. I started you on veggies, but as soon as I introduced fruits...you weren't as thrilled with those veggies anymore...so now we mix them. 

We are working on naps in your crib but they don't last long. Some days I desperately just want to let you nap in your swing (because you will nap looooong) but I know it's just a quick fix so I have been making myself put you in your crib. We are typically getting a 30 minute nap in the morning and about the same in the afternoon. The good news is that you don't turn into a bear with such little sleep...so I guess it's ok. If one of my kiddos isn't going to be a good napper I think it works out best that it is you...

Let's talk about nights. I nurse you for the last time around 5pm, you eat baby food around 6pm and then I give you a bottle around 7pm. Swaddled (still) and in bed by 7:30.  Generally you sleep until 4am...and then you wake up. Like clockwork. So I go in and feed you then you go back down until 7:30. I know you are getting to the point where you can sleep 12 hours without eating...so this won't last for much longer :) Although I only nurse you at 4am there were quite a few nights over the past month that you woke up crying starting as early at 11pm. Yikes! One of us would go in there, and quickly get you back to sleep.

In other news, you look identical to your brother. It's kinda crazy. I mean, take a look at Ryan at 6 months...

Cuteness. Love you bunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...