Saturday, September 13, 2014

One Month - Hayden



Our little Hayden is officially one month old! It's crazy to think that she wasn't suppose to arrived until a couple days ago (official due date September 3)... Crazy! The boys are LOVING having a baby sister. They are incredibly excited to have her around and love showing her off to their friends...and even strangers.


The first month was pretty low-key (especially compared to Grayson's first month). Our schedules were empty (and I mean empty...no school or activities) and we didn't really have any 'events' (you know, like moving or something). This was wonderful and also scary at the same time...I wasn't sure when the boys might start bouncing off the walls being homebound. Luckily, with Kevin home for a week, my mom here for a couple weeks and a last minute camp we powered though!

People tend to always ask how you are sleeping and the answer to that is...like a newborn. You still eat every three hours (sometimes two, sometimes four) so that is that. Kevin and I have resorted back to our system we used with Ryan. Basically I feed Hayden around 7pm and she crashes so I let her 'nap' in the swing since it is downstairs with Kevin. I pump around 8:30 then head to bed. Kevin gives Hayden a bottle of breast milk (2oz) around 10/11pm then brings her up to our room where she sleeps in the rock n play until her next feeding. She usually wakes around 2am (which is great for me because I get a stretch from basically 9:30 - 2am) and I feed her then attempt to get her back down...which I haven't been incredibly successful at. She is not a fan of going back into the rock n play, she wants to sleep on me. From 2am to 6am its somewhat of a crap shot...sometimes she will sleep and then sometimes she wants to eat every hour. I know it is probably because she falls asleep while eating so she isn't getting a good session. I try to wake her up but sometimes it just doesn't work. Anyhow, that's basically how our nights have been for the past month.

Hayden is a fan of hanging out in her swing and carseat...those are the two places that she will actually sleep. For the first two weeks I didn't use the swaddle because it seemed to make her upset but now we have gone back to it and it seems to work. 

When she starts to cry the boys will run over to her and try to sooth her. I have found random toys on her that her sweet brothers thought she needed at one time or another. The boys also love helping give her a bath. They grab their stools and watch, giggle and attempt to help. It's super cute and they keep her entertained. Grayson is also a big fan of helping change diapers - he even tried to help wipe her (which isn't incredibly helpful, but you can't say he isn't dedicated). He loves to throw away her dirty diapers - so helpful!

Your first month
- playgroup with the boys
- Lakewood pool (no swimming for you)
- Shopping at North Park
- Galleria play area
- Grocery store


For the first two weeks this little angel slept...all. the. time. 




The first month was made infinitely easier with such love and support from friends and family. Seriously, it has been amazing to have my mom around for so long - helping with either the boys or watching Hayden so that I can do something with the boys. When Kevin's parents came they were also incredibly helpful with both the boys and Hayden. We have also had friends delivering meals all month - I haven't had to worry about dinner at all! It's been such a blessing. We feel so lucky to have such wonderful families and friends!

1 comment:

  1. she is beautiful, congratulations... we currently are wrestling with having a 3rd or not... tell me it's easy :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...