Friday, October 11, 2013

Grayson's 1st Tailgate

I can't believe I haven't posted pictures from Grayson's first birthday party - it was so much fun! Of course I debated on if I would throw him a big party, but who am I kidding? I love to throw parties so of course I went all out for the little man! I decided on a tailgate theme since his birthday falls at the start of football season! It also worked out perfectly that the first Longhorns game was on a Saturday evening...couldn't have planned it any better :)

We hosted his tailgate party from 5-7pm and everyone came in their team colors. It was such a fun and relaxing party - I think all the kiddos had a blast. We had college football on, tons of tailgate food, drinks, a bounce house, ball pit and blow up water slide - what more could you need!?!
Hook-em Horns!

Gig'em Aggies!

Go Sooners!(?)
Not sure what they say...
I am kinda bummed I didn't get more pictures of all the guests but as you can see everyone was decked out in their team colors! Loved it! 

G bug with some buddies!
Ok, so here are some pics of all the party details:
I made a last minute birthday sign using a little chalkboard when I realized I didn't have anything decorative out front! Oops!

Let's talk food.
Recognize that backdrop? It's the same one I used for Ryan's train party! Not all the yummy food was out quite yet but we served: BBQ beef sliders, Hot Wings, Bacon-wrapped Shrimp with Jalapeno, Mexican Potato Skin Bites,  and Hot Sausage and Spinach dip. Yum! I also added some popcorn in those cute cups I found at Michaels!

I set up a separate table for the kids food. 

We put chick-fil-a nuggets in these adorable loaf pans and topped them with a custom flag made by Everything Design. 


I took care of the desert table with cupcakes (from Sam's), homemade football brownies and cake pops! I also made Grayson's smash cake! I thought it turned out pretty darn cute and G bug thought it was pretty darn tasty (as you will see later on). 

My Texas "T" was inspired by this picture I found on Pinterest. Didn't quite turn out the same BUT they tasted wonderful...and that's really all that matters, right? As for the cupcake toppers - I found them  on sale at Michaels - score!

And what's a tailgate party without drinks?
We used the courtyard for the drink station. I had plans to set up one of those tents, but that didn't quite happen. (It would have been pretty darn cute though!)

Custom flag straws by Everything Design

 Another pinterest inspiration

And some decorations:
I made a simple banner with pictures from each month

And created him a snapfish book with pictures from his first year! Guest signed the pages with sweet notes!

We set up tables outside for our guests


I made this little photo booth but didn't plan it out very well...the sun basically blinded everyone when they took pics. Oops! 

Ok so for some fun! Kiddos running around in the backyard! 

And it's cake time!


Little man LOVED all of the attention! He was so adorable!
He didn't mind the cake either....
And he doesn't mind a mess. 

Good work!

And a few more fun photos!

Love the Burrus family!


Last little party detail...made this chalkboard sign with fun tidbits about my little juicy fruit!


Sources:
Pinterest Board - here
Invitations, Banners, toothpick flags, Straws, Signs, Photo booth props - Everything Design
Victory Football Table Runner (used as backdrop)- Swoozies
Field Goals - DIY
Field Goal centerpieces - DIY

If you have any questions leave me a comment. Happy birthday and Hook'em!


1 comment:

  1. A D O R A B L E! seriously!! if you weren't a full-time mom, you should be a full-time party planner. great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...