Happy 4th birthday to this crazy cool kid!
Grayson is our little labor day baby so he is going to experience the holiday weekend birthday for most of his life. It was no different this year since his birthday fell on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend - while we were at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines with friends. I'd say that's #winning
Here's how we spent the BIG day:
The little man actually wanted to snuggle with me in the morning so I happily jumped in his bed - he can be so darn sweet sometimes :)
When he decided to get up Kevin had some breakfast tacos waiting for him in the living room. That's a big boy breakfast!
After he ate he came back into the room where I was and stood high on his tippy toes and asked "Mom, am I already bigger?"
We opened up some gifts before heading out to the pool
Grayson is OBSESSED with Paw Patrol and was so very excited for his new Paw Patrol toys.
During nap time Kevin took the boys off to explore. Ryan managed to sneak away into the gift shop to ask the clerk how much one of the candy bars cost. When he returned, he asked Kevin for $2 to buy Grayson a birthday treat. Kevin wasn't really sure what he was going to buy, but he let the two of them go into the little shop alone so Ryan could treat his brother. After five minutes Kevin poked his head in there and saw the lady giving them both scoops of ice cream - apparently when Ryan told them he was buying his brother a birthday treat they thought it was so sweet and decided to give them BOTH a free ice cream cone. So sweet :)
Enjoying their ice cream!
Later that afternoon we invited all of our friends to join us for some cake!
I love Mrs. Fields cookie cakes but as you can see their decor can be hit or miss. I'm not sure that Paw Patrol logo would pass QC.
I did actually decorate the room - all Paw Patrol. He loved it.
Hayden was ready for cake.
We ate cake then headed off to dinner. Yeah, kinda backwards with desert first. But it's his birthday. And vacation.
After dinner we had a great time playing outside. We hit up the bikes, playground, fishing pond, game truck and then settled down in the lawn for outdoor movie night. This place has it all!
Grayson had a great day and he loves being FOUR. Because he is SO big now. lol.
Some little bits about Grayson:
- Kevin likes to refer to him as our "cool" kid. (Not that the others aren't cool, it's just that Grayson has a way about him.) He's confident and everything he does is with such certainty. Even when he makes up words. He just makes it sound cool.
- Everything is banana. And banana is hilarious. Sometimes you add "hot" in front of it and it is even funnier. Yes, we realize this doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever....but after a while it starts to become funny. maybe? lol
- Is it as big as a hot banana? - G. Seriously, WTF. I know it sounds like we have a crazy kid but you know, kids say the weirdest things.
G: Hey mom - Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Me: Hmmm I'm not sure, what are you thinking about?
G: BANANA!! What were you thinking about?
Me: ummmmm....(trying to come up with something weird).....A HOT POTATO
Ok, enough with the bananas. Moving on. Grayson tends to be on fire or totally burnt out. There isn't much in between with him. When he has decided he is done with something he is "too tired"
I'm too tired:
- to buckle his car seat
- to pick up his trash
- to be nice
- to share (In Montana he said he was too tired to share his fishing pole. I'm not sure on his logic these days)
- to remember something
-He has even been known to tell me he is "too tired" when he is sitting on the couch watching a show. Seriously? Who is this guy?
- Specifically requests for cold milk/cold water. He likes his water ice cold.
- Loves to run around
- Still bounces up and down and shrugs his shoulders when he gets really excited
**going to have to come back and update this**
Four Year Interview:
1. What is your favorite color? Light Blue
2. What is your favorite toy? G: banana pants is. M: no really, your favorite toy. G: PAW PATROL!!!!
3. What is your favorite fruit? bananas!
4. What is your favorite tv show? Paw Patrol & Octonauts
5. What is you favorite thing to eat for lunch?
6. What is your favorite outfit? My beautiful shirt. Remember my shirt that has dark blue, and pink and light blue?
7. What is your favorite game? hide and go seek
8. What is your favorite snack? string cheese
9. What is your favorite animal? cheetah and giraffe
10. What is your favorite song? Paw Patrol theme song - he just started singing it when I asked the ?
11. What is your favorite book? Don't wake the Bear
12. Who is your best friend? Perry & Hayes
13. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
15. What is your favorite drink? cold milk
16. What is your favorite holiday?
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Hop & Everest
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner? Salmon
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A Zookeeper
Love you little dude! Four is going to be GREAT!