Friday, May 13, 2016

Circle of Blessing

At Ryan's preschool they have a 'Circle of Blessing' for all of the graduating kiddos. The 'Circle of Blessing' is an intimate little ceremony that commemorates the end of one milestone and celebrates the beginning of another. We all met in the auditorium and sat in a circle with our kids.  The church pastor opened the ceremony with a story and a prayer and then each of the parents said something to their child. It was very sweet - I loved hearing what everyone had to say to their children. Most of us had prewritten letters, poems, or prayers but some spoke straight from the heart in the moment. It was a special little ceremony and nice to have during this busy time of the year - a great opportunity to slow down and think about how far these kids have come and celebrate them. 



I am sure that most of what I said to Ryan probably wasn't absorbed so one day he will be able to come back and read it here. 

Ryan,

You will always be my baby. You are my firstborn and I have learned so much about the world, about life, and about love from you. You were the first one to make me forget myself. You were the first one who taught me how my heart can grow. When you arrived your dad and I really had no idea what to expect. You arrived three weeks early and rocked our little world. We have been learning ever since. 

Since you were a baby you have always been cautious, loving, and sensitive.  I love how you take your time, observing the world around you, asking lots of questions. You are forgiving, helpful, curious, and loving – you watch out for your younger brother and sister, and I love how you always save some of your school snack to share with your brother. You take care of your sister - always watching out for her and making sure she doesn’t put anything in her mouth. 

I love your creativity. I love watching you build legos - creating robots that you say can do amazing things.   I love watching you learn - reading together at night is one of my favorite parts of the day.  I love that you LOVE watching the funny show with me - and give big belly laughs when something really funny happens.  And I love tucking you in - where you put your “helmet” on. One of my favorite things about you is how sweet you are. I love that you won’t let me leave the room without a kiss and a hug.  I hope you are never too old to give me hugs and kisses. 

You will always have such a special place in my heart and I can’t imagine a single second of my day without you in it; I’m so proud of you and can’t wait to see what the future has in store for you. 

Love, 
Mommy

After all of the parents spoke, their teacher said a little something and read a sweet book (that I can't remember the name). 

At the end of the ceremony Ms. Prude gave them all Bibles and they were all so excited and proud of them!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...