Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hayden - Five Months

Our sweet little peanut turned 5 months!
My little doll :)

Our little lady has been growing so much! She loves standing up (with help of course) and loves grabbing items. Of course she aggressively tries to shove whatever she can grasp with her hands into her mouth. Speaking of those hands, she has one heck of a grip! She rolls over every which way and is the happiest little lady hanging out on the ground. She is super easy to get smiles from and we all couldn't be more in love with her!

We brought down the exasaucer a couple of weeks ago and she is really starting to enjoy it. Her favorite toy is the yellow bird which she constantly tries to jam in her mouth. She has also sat in the bumbo and we are working on sitting up unassisted. I brought her to The Little Gym last week (for Grayson's class) and she loved it! All the bright colors...and kids...and the BUBBLES! So much fun! I would love to take her to a class but they only offer two times and neither of them work with our schedule. #thirdchildproblems

We plan to start solids during the next month. I'm not super pumped about it but I think she is ready - she stares us down at dinner! lol

She is starting to get more into a schedule which is difficult since none of our days are really ever the same. And ironically every time she should nap or feed we have to go drop off or pick up her brothers. 

7am - Rise and Shine (and no, this isn't the first time we are up :)) Hayden and I head downstairs and I feed her then we play. The boys usually come down around 8am and she always gets another burst of energy when they get up!
8:30-9am: Little lady is tired and wants to take a cat nap. This one is only like 20-30 minutes so I am trying to push her and merge her mini morning naps together. 
10:30am - nap #2. This one is a little longer...maybe 45min-1hr
11:30 - 1:30: I nurse her when she wakes from her nap and then typically again 2 hours later. She stays up for a good 2.5 hours and then crashes (usually right before we leave to pick up the boys). Sometimes  once she is asleep I will stick her in her car seat so that I don't have to move her when we leave. We have had some successful days of picking up the boys with uninterrupted sleep...and of course those days when she wakes up. The good news is that she doesn't seem phased when she wakes up early...she is just happy to see her brothers again. Typically I am able to get her back down again once we get home. She's a doll. 
4pm: Nap wake up time. I usually have to wake up Grayson and Hayden now...sometimes myself :) I nurse Hayden again
5:30-6ish: Sometime, usually right in the middle of making dinner, I nurse the little lady again
7:15pm - Hayden gets a bottle of milk. We started experimenting with topping her off with a little bit of formula and it seems to be helping her sleep a little longer at night. Plus I don't mind if I make a couple ounces of formula and she doesn't want it vs. wasting my milk! lol
7:30pm- baby girl is down. Swaddled and happy in her crib. She has started sleeping until 3 or 4am...which this mama loves. Of course every night is different....

First time in the baby swing at the park. She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...