Monday, December 5, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

It's been a couple of weeks :) I guess I have a bit of an excuse with the Thanksgiving and what not...I am having a hard time getting back in the swing of things so hopefully writing this post will help!

Last week I decided to try some of the recipes that I have been pinning on pinterest.

We tried taco stuffed peppers, but I wasn't thrilled with them. First of all, I was really confused when I looked at this recipe and there was NO meat!! How do you make a taco with no meat....goodness. Anyhow, it inspired me to make my own rendition of it. I think they would have been pretty good if I would have used the regular taco seasoning (Old El Paso Or McCormicks) that I usually get at Kroger's, but I was at Central Market and they didn't have it so I got something they had there. I can't remember what it was .... but I am pretty sure it is what messed it up for me. I think if you want to do this, just make it like you make your regular taco and put in a pepper instead - a low-carb taco if you will. Easy peasy.
Anyhow, I think my next pepper stuffing recipe will be these:
No worries, there is definitely meat here. 

The other recipe that I tried was lemon chicken. I ended up seeing it on Pinterest but remembering that my sister-in-law said the Barefoot Contessa recipe was delicious, so I tried it - and we both agreed. Big hit!

Ok, so moving on to this week:

Monday: I am wanting something with seafood but this weather makes me want something hearty....so I think I am going to make this:
Probably not the healthiest thing but it sure looks delish!

Scratch that - all that taco talk before got me wanting tacos....so that's what we had :)

Tuesday: I feel like brussels sprouts are so trendy right now, I am seeing them everywhere! I don't recall ever eating them growing up but my mother-in-law made some last year and I loved them. This week No More To Go has a recipe and I am going to try...Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts! Yum! We will have Buttermilk Grilled Chicken and Baked Cheese Grits.  (from No More To Go)
Wednesday: Crock Pot Pulled Pork Tacos (from No More To Go)
Thursday: leftovers
Friday: Kevin's Christmas Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...