Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Rosé Night

If you are looking for an excuse to have a girls night - a Rosé tasting is the way to go! It's the perfect summer drink and it's super fun and girly! Plus why not do a blind tasting so you can figure out what you like....and don't!

Last weekend Kevin took the boys camping and Hayden had a sleepover with Gigi and Papa. So what did I do? Had some of my favorite ladies over for a night Rosé tasting. It's the perfect summer time wine and we had the perfect weather for it! 

I really wanted to have our patio party lights installed by then but that didn't quite happen. So maybe when they are installed we will have to host another adults only outdoor dinner. Just sayin'. 

First things first. Group shot. 

Flowers, trivia & tasting notes!
 


Oh my gosh I had so much fun prepping for this party!
I've never been a 'flower' person. I mean, I love them but I am horrible at arrangements. But I decided to give it a go....and it turned out so great! 

I also make little mini rose planters for each of the place settings - I am pretty sure I might have killed the plants in the process. Luckily, they survived through the party. They looked pretty cute too. And since we are talking about plants...check out Kevin's new Savannah Holly trees in the background- he's pretty pleased with them. 

Let's move on to food: The most important thing is to have a lot of it. You are tasting wine...heavy carbs needed!!!
Meat ✓
Cheese ✓
The cheese was Ah-maze-ing. The gouda, jack, and fontina came in a party pack from Sams. There was also a goat cheese but I didn't serve it because Lindsey has strong feelings about goat cheese.

Crackers, grapes, nuts, chocolates & Sugarfina rosé gummy bears ✓ 

We Favored Grimaldi's pizza (my all time favorite) and we got started. 

We began with the sparkling rosés. 
Since this was a blind tasting, I wrapped the bottles with brown lunch sacks and tied a number.
We tasted. 
And recorded our findings on these little printouts that I created using Silhouette Studio. 

You can download these here.

The bottles were revealed. 
LUC Belaire Rare Rosé (France) - $30 
Chandon Reserve Pino Noir Rosé (Napa Valley) - $35
Chandon Rosé (Napa Valley) - $25
Ruffino Rosé (Italy) - $15

Findings:
- The most we would pay for one of these bottles is $20 
- The two bottles of Chandon were the favorites 
- The Ruffino Rosé was delightful
- The LUC Belaire was a "Dump"er

The pizza arrived right as we finished our sparkling tasting - perfect timing. 
So we dug in and finished off our top picks! 😀
We also took my little wine trivia quiz.
This was from a Pop Sugar quiz that I found here. You can download my printable here

{The picture taking at this point in the night is completely lacking.}

After some pizza we tackled the flat Rosés.
Chloe (California) - $15
Whispering Angel (France) - $20
Kirkland brand (Costco) Cotes De Provence - $9
J L Quinson Cotes De Provence (Trader Joes) - $10

 Our notes were far funnier this round...I wonder why? lol 

The Trader Joes Cotes De Provence was the least favorite. It was described as 'Corky' (not to be confused with 'quirky'), funky, and having a weird aftertaste. The ideal food pairing would be 'cheetos and cigarettes', perhaps with Brittany Spears? lol. Just kidding...I do love her. 

And when we were done we still had so much catching up so we worked hard on finishing our favorites, and then opened some more. 
We enjoyed the White Girl Rosé

It was a fun girls night -  I kinda feel like we need to have wine tasting parties more often - maybe each season. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...