Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Grayson 6 months

Big changes this month! You started sleeping through the night! We still have some nights where you are up a few times but in general you sleep from 8pm until 6:45 - wohoo! I can't wait for it to be a guaranteed EVERY night thing :)

Your daily routine has also become more defined. You wakeup around 6:45 and I nurse you, then about 7:30 I feed you some breakfast. About an hour later you are ready for your morning nap. And you LOVE your morning nap...it's usually about two hours! You wake 10:30/11ish and I feed you then we try and get out and do something. You are hungry again around 1:30ish so I nurse you and then you will take another little nap. Around 3:30/4pm I nurse you again then we play some more. I nurse you one last time at 5:30, solids for dinner at 6:30pm, bath with dad at 7pm, and at 7:30 I give you a bottle of 6-8oz of breast milk. You hit your crib by 8pm and are usually out for the night! Whew. Our evenings are somewhat exhausting...getting you fed & ready for bed is quite a process! I know it will be easier when you get a little older.

I'd say your spitting up has decreased - but definitely still have yours days. I can really notice if I do slip up and eat some milk or cheese because I pay for it the next couple of days with lots and lots of spit up. I get nervous when others want to hold you because I fear they will end up covered in your spit up ... you definitely got Natalie during Terra's baby shower - sorry!
You are starting to sit up on your own - if we sit you up. You can balance yourself for a little bit but then usually get distracted with a toy and fall over to get it. I try to sit you in the bumpo or high chair for dinner but you don't quite love that.

You grab everything and it goes right to your mouth. And goodness you have quite the grip.  Your dad was picking you up from your bouncy seat and you picked the whole thing up before he realized you were holding it.

You found your feet and you love them. You really enjoy them mixed with some oatmeal and bananas.

At the stage where you get so easily distracted while nursing. This is incredibly frustrating...and I remember the same thing with Ryan. It's just slightly more difficult now because with Ryan I could easily quiet my surroundings. Now, not so much! I am wondering if I just need to make adjustments in your feeding - I might be trying to feed you when you aren't super hungry thus easily distractible. Not sure if this is the case since you get distracted during your morning feed (when we are all alone...apparently the fan is much more exciting than eating.)

Stats:
Height: 27.75 inches (90%)
Weight: 17lbs 7oz (50%)
Head: 43cm (40%)
Eye Color: still BLUE!
Diapers: Size 3
Clothing: 6-12months...really squeezing into anything 6 months at this point.

We still have the swing out and you will tolerate sitting in it sometimes. I think you are a little too heavy for it because it doesn't really swing when you are in it anymore. We still use the bouncer - you really like it in the morning but I feel like any time after that you hate it. We use it to feed you which can be somewhat disastrous. I have the exersaucer and jumper out but you don't really last in those things for very long...maybe 5 minutes tops? Ryan wasn't a huge fan of them either so I am not sure if that will change or not. Glad we have two.


Bring on month 7th! Love you bunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...